With Valentines day round the corner I decided on some different sized heart shapes. Using parallel lines of stitches I created the heart outlines following a template I had made.
The idea was clear. I would pull the threads, prepare a madder dye bath for a lovely rich colour and dye! With the expected result of a red scarf with white/red hearts, very romantic!
Oh Oh only...I had not pulled the threads, so there was no colour differentiation! Everything was red.
New plan! Pull threads overdye the middle and tie dye ends with logwood...
Result a rich purple and red valentines scarf.
I really like the outcome of my mistake and will repeat the same in future in a more deliberate manner.